Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rattan

Greetings from a gloomy and brisk day in Austin. I've stayed in lately and have been knitting a lot. I finished up a Debbie Bliss pattern I've had on my needles now for about a year. All I have to do is sew in the ends and I will post some pictures. I started a mohair scarf that I'm pretty excited about.


It is going to be an airy shawl/scarf that will be good for our warm weather.
To me the pattern that it is making reminds me of a rattan chair that my parents have and I love.



This scarf is nice because the contrast of the structural lace pattern and the airiness of the mohair is really beautiful.
The yarn that I am using I got in Dallas at The Shabby Sheep with another project in mind.



I'll keep you updated on the progress.

In other news... I will begin working at Hill Country Weavers tomorrow. I am really excited to be able to learn more about knitting, weaving and other types of fiber art.

No comments: