Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring Fever

Now that I'm back, it truly feels like spring in Austin. In honor of the beautiful weather we have had this weekend, my folks and I visited the Austin Farmers Market yesterday morning. Although I didn't find any of the fresh produce that I needed, I did find some delicious pesto jack cheese made near Waco, some peach butter from Stonewall and some Austin tabbouleh. But best of all, Jim Jim's Water Ice was there! My absolute favorite thing in the whole world (especially in the black raspberry flavor - which they had).



I got about 3 inches done on my striped sweater last night while I watched Micheal Clayton. Once you get to the last part on this your knitting about 36 inches each row (I know I'm a wimp but I like shorter rows).

This morning, I made crepes with a similar recipe to this.



I filled them with the Natural peach butter that I got yesterday at the Farmers Market and topped them with powdered sugar. They were delicious and actually pretty good for you.

No comments: