Monday, March 23, 2009

Estate wars

The battle is on mom...and I think I win.

Just a few pieces from the estate sale I went to yesterday.


A soup tourine. Not the most practical but quite beautiful. I will have to have an occasion to serve soup.


This is a Fire King buffet casserole designed by Georges Briard. He was a famous designer in the 50's, 60's and 70's. This casserole set has a gold base with wooden handles and a clear glass dish with gold embellishments and is signed on the top. This is a rare find indeed.


This little glass flower dish was too cute to pass up. I'm undecided on how to use it as of right now...it could be a good soap or jewelry dish.

Some salad servers that spoke to me...plus:
  • an ottoman that needs to be reupholstered (before and after to come)
  • an old pyrex measuring cup (for my morning green tea)
  • a tablecloth (probably from the 50's)
  • a canister set
and drumroll please...all for $20. Now that's what I call a good day.

No comments: