Thursday, March 19, 2009

While I've been Away


Just wanted to give an update as to where my journeys lately have taken me. Above, as you can see are pictures of a Fredericksburg wedding that we did a few weeks back. It was really beautiful and both the church and vineyard (for the reception) turned out to be fantastic venues. This was the first wedding I have been able to be a part and I fell in love with the process.

The wedding ceremony was in the Catholic Chapel right off Main Street. It was ideal for a wedding because the entire inside was painted white and really made all the flowers pop. This chapel was build in the very early 1900's so it also has alot of history behind it.

The reception was held at Becker vineyards in Stonewall, TX right outside of Fredericksburg. This also turned out to be incredible and beautiful as you can see in the pictures. We incorporated the rosemary and lavender grown there in the vineyard into the floral arrangements for a genuine touch (it also made the room very fragrant).

After the wedding to relax, I went over to the wine tasting and sampled a few of the many wines that they produce. To my surprise (I really shouldn't have been) they were fantastic. Becker vineyards is one of the better known Texas wine producers and have a vast selection to choose from. Unfortunetely, many of them are not readily avaliable at your local supermarket. In any case, I bought six various bottles and will definitely be buying more in the future.

Other than Fredericksburg, I've also been in Houston twice and also home to Austin (finally...it had been about 4 months). All of which were fun but I am glad to be home and looking forward to getting many projects up and moving.

Now I leave you with my Posey...

No comments: